Oct 25, 2012 2:30 PM
"2 Apples A Day Giveaway" Contest
1. HOW TO ENTER: No purchase necessary to enter nor does any purchase improve an entrant's chance of winning. Contest begins on Monday, October 29, 2012 at 5:00am Pacific Standard Time and runs through Sunday, November 11, 2012 at 10:35pm Mountain Standard Time (the "Contest Period"). (***Note: Tucson, AZ will convert from Pacific Standard Time to Mountain Standard Time on Sunday, November 3.) Sponsor clock will be the official timepiece of the Contest. To participate, entrants must have a FACEBOOK page in their own name or sign up for one when prompted. To enter the contest the user must "like" the News 4 Tucson Facebook page and completely fill out the contest entry form. Once the "submit entry" tab is activated, the entry to the contest is recorded. After each entrant completes the official registration process, they will have the opportunity to receive additional entries if they choose. Extra entries can be acquired utilizing the dailog box prompt that appears after the contest entry is submitted. All entries submitted become the sole property of the KVOA-TV/News 4 Tucson and will not be returned. Use of any mechanical device to automate entry is prohibited.
2. ALTERNATE METHOD OF ENTRY: No purchase necessary. One valid entry per contestant allowed. Entrants may submit a 3x5 card with their name, age, address, telephone number and email address(required) at the 2 Apples a Day Giveaway, KVOA-TV, 209 West Elm Street, Tucson, AZ 85705 or by mailing their entries to "2 Apples a Day Giveaway" PO Box 5188, Tucson, AZ 85703.
3. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Each weekday during the contest period two (2) winning names will be selected at random from all qualified entries. One (1) winning name will be displayed during the television show "Tucson Today" from 5a-7am and one (1) name will be displayed during the 10pm broadcast of News 4 Tucson. On Sundays during the contest period one (1) winning name will be displayed during the 10pm broadcast of News 4 Tucson. Each time a winning name is shown, the winner will have 24 hours to send an email to "Contests@kvoa.com" confirming their win. If a winning name is not confirmed with an email from the winning email address within 24 hours of the winning name being displayed on-air on KVOA-TV, the winner is disqualified and no prize will be awarded. All prizes confirmed by winners but not claimed/picked up at KVOA-TV Studios by 12pm, Friday, December 20 will be forfeited. There will be a total of 22 winning names displayed during the contest period.
4. PRIZES: Each entrant deemed a "winner" in the contest will receive an Apple IPad Mini ($329 retail value). Since the IPad Mini is a brand new product to market, the "prizes" are estimated to be available for pick up at KVOA-TV on November 20, 2012. All prizes, or substitute prizes will be awarded no later than December 31, 2012. KVOA-TV reserves the right to substitute cash, or a prize of equal or greater value, in place of the IPad Mini (if the IPad Minis cannot be obtained for any reason).
5. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS:
a. The Contest is open only to legal citizens of the United States who are legal residents of the Tucson/Sierra Vista, AZ Designated Market Area (DMA) according to the Nielsen Company and who are 18 years of age and possess a valid I.D. This contest is void where prohibited by law.
b. Employees (and their immediate family or household members) of KVOA-TV ("Sponsor") and their respective subsidiaries, sponsors, affiliates, parent companies, assignees, agencies, advertisers and franchisees are not eligible to win.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS:
a. Release Sponsors of Liability: By entering, entrants agree to release sponsors and their parent companies, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, licensees, representatives & agents from any claim, loss, liability, damage or injury of any kind arising from the entrants' participation in this Contest.
b. Contest entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the contest commissioners, which are final on all matters pertaining to the contest. Each winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and will be required to complete an IRS form W-9. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold prizes until completed form W-9 is received.
c. KVOA-TV reserves the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value. KVOA-TV reserves the right to restrict the local winners to only persons whose primary residence is within a 60 mile radius of the affiliate's' office. Entrants further grant to KVOA-TV the right to use and publish their proper name and state online and in print, or any other media, in connection with the Contest. KVOA-TV reserves the right to use any and all information related to the Contest, including information on contestants obtained through the contest, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
The Contest and all of the related pages, contents and code are copyrighted by KVOA-TV. Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted materials, trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
Each winner, by acceptance of the prize, agrees to release all Sponsors, and their parent and subsidiary companies, their officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, and advertising agencies from all liability, claims, or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, or use of the prize. KVOA-TV reserves the right to change the rules at any time. Automated voting of any kind is not allowed. Detection of said automated voting will lead to votes being voided.
Only one registered account per voter. If multiple accounts are detected for a single voter, they will be disabled and votes disqualified.
Only one (1) prize per household or email address will be awarded during the contest period.
All results posted are unofficial until winners respond to e-mail notification.
This contest is not intended for gambling. If it is determined that a contestant is using the contest for gambling purposes they will be disqualified and reported to authorities.
7. CONTEST RULES AND LIST OF WINNERS: Official Rules are available at www.kvoa.com.
8. SPONSORS: Contest is sponsored by KVOA-TV, 209 W. Elm Street, Tucson, AZ 85705.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsors are not responsible for virus or other damage to entrant's computer from participation in the Contest. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned, or if this Contest or any web site associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of the Contest and processing of entries in accordance with these rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in the Sponsor's sole opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Contest or any portion thereof. In the event this Contest is cancelled, the Sponsor will conduct a random drawing to award prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation. If such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension occurs, notification will be posted at the Entry Site. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE (INCLUDING THE ENTRY SITE) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Contest rules shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Arizona law, excluding choice of law provisions.
2 hours ago