Local

Nov 19, 2013 4:35 AM by Swetha Iyengar

2 Tucson residents displaced after overnight, cooking fire

TUCSON - Firefighters responded to a kitchen fire in midtown Tucson, overnight.

Around 1 am, Tucson Fire Dept. received a 911 call from a man who lived in the 500 block of East 4th Street .

He told TFD that he was warming up oil for cooking purposes. He stepped away and went into the bedroom for approximately ten minutes, and when he returned to the kitchen the stove was on fire. He left the house along with the other residents - a woman and a dog - and called 911.

It took 21 firefighters, a little over 10 minutes to put out the fire. No one was hurt and damage costs are extimated at $20,000.

»Comments

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4