May 22, 2013 3:00 PM
TUCSON - Executive Chef Omar Huerta from Wildflower American Cuisine dropped by the studio to show us how to make Chocolate Peppermint Silk.
Here is what you need:
Sugar 6 Tbsp
Corn Starch 3 Tbsp
Unsweetened Cocoa powder 1.5 Tbsp
Heavy Cream 1.25 cups
Whole Milk 1.25 cups
Vanilla Paste 1 tsp
Semi Sweet Chocolate (rough chopped) 4 oz
Bitter Sweet Chocolate (rough chopped) 2 oz
Peppermint Extract 1 tsp
Butter 0.5 tsp
Kosher Salt 0.5 tsp
1. In medium size bowl combine chocolates, peppermint extract, vanilla paste, butter, and salt.
2. In a medium sauce pot combine sugar, corn starch, cocoa powder and whisk together.
3. Add the cream to the pot and whisk together until there are no lumps, then whisk in milk.
4. Cook on medium heat, while whisking constantly until mixture bubbles in all areas. Be sure to not
burn the bottom.
5. Pour hot mixture over chocolate in mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
6. Divide evenly between five 8oz mason jars. Cover jars with plastic wrap to prevent skin from forming.
7. Set in refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours and up to 4 days.
8. Serve with chocolate sauce and whipped cream.
17 hours ago