Local

Apr 20, 2013 11:41 AM by Scott Oathout

Duplex fire displaces one

TUCSON- A Tucson resident is displaced from their home this morning, after a fire in their duplex Friday night.

Tucson Fire Captain Barrett Baker said crews responded to a report of a fire in the 2600 block of North Calle de Romy just after 9 p.m.

According to Baker, the residents in the back of the duplex smelled smoke and looked outside to see smoke billowing out of their neighbor's house.

The first responding firefighting unit found no one inside the front unit.

Firefighters brought the fire under control within seven minutes after arrival.

Baker said the fire started due to an unspecified electrical malfunction involving computer equipment.

The resident is staying with relatives.

  • Story Photo
  • Story Thumbnail

»Comments

More News

Sports
Story Photo

15 minutes ago

Bat Cats swept by USC

LOS ANGELES - The Arizona Wildcats were limited to two hits on Saturday night in a 2-0 loss to USC. The Trojans...

Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4