Mar 28, 2014 6:00 PM by Mary from Gourmet Girls Bakery/Bistro
1 1/4 cups all purpose gf flour
2 teaspoons xanthan gum
4 large egg
1) Place the flour blend and xanthan gum in a food processor, bread machine, or bowl.
2) Add the eggs and mix, then knead, adding only enough water to form a smooth dough.
3) Form the dough into a rectangle about 1" thick, wrap well, and let rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
4) After 30 minutes, flour both sides of the dough. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough to the desired thickness, keeping both sides of the dough well floured. Cut it into shapes, tossing with flour to prevent sticking.
5) To cook the pasta: Boil 4 quarts water with 1 tablespoon salt. Add pasta and cook for 2 to 4 minutes, until the pasta is still slightly firm. Fresh pasta cooks very quickly, so keep an eye on it. Drain and toss with a bit of sauce or oil.
Yield: 4 servings.
Gourmet Girls Gluten Free Bakery/Bistro Alfredo Sauce
2 lg yellow onion-chopped
1 c chopped garlic clove
1 gallon heavy cream
2.5 lbs parmesan cheese
¾ lb asiago cheese
S & P to taste
Sauté onion and garlic for 10 min. add cream and bring to a gentle boil.
Add cheeses and stir constantly until incorporated salt and pepper to taste. Thicken w/ corn starch slurry.
Blend in vitamix until smooth.