Oct 8, 2013 12:32 PM by Faye DeHoff
TUCSON - Pima County officials are looking for the next 'big idea'.
They want your ideas for building a better, brighter future for 'Pima Prospers'.
County officials are inviting its residents, business owners and employees, jurisdictions and community groups to contribute their ideas to Pima Prospers, the state-mandated update of the County's Comprehensive Plan.
To create a vibrant future for our region, the plan must address how Pima County will:
· Use and conserve our land, water and energy resources
· Fuel our economy
· Make efficient use of our existing infrastructure
· Enrich our quality of life
· Create healthy communities
· Respond to the needs of our rural unique communities
Enter your name and the part of Pima County you live in to create an account and you're on your way.
Look for us downtown on Oct. 11-13 at Tucson Meet Yourself. We'll be in the Pima County Pavilion in front of the Joel D. Valdez Main Library.
The Pima Prospers <http://www.pimaprospers.com> site is available in Spanish. Look for the Google Translate menu on the MindMixer <http://www.mindmixer.pimaprospers.com> site to participate in a variety of languages.
In addition to your big idea, we're asking:
· What does a healthy community look like to you?
· Why did you choose to live in your current neighborhood in Pima County?
· How can we make sure our economy is also diverse to benefit everyone?
· What's your favorite neighborhood or area in which to run, walk or ride, and/or your favorite street or trail?
You can rate other people's responses and comment on them. Your participation earns you points toward such rewards as tickets to the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum, the Pima Air & Space Museum, Old Tucson and an FC Tucson soccer match.
That's just the beginning. More questions will be added. We also plan to make presentations to and gather input from a broad variety of community groups, gatherings, events and meetings (please invite us to yours).