Mar 1, 2013 2:21 PM by CNN
This is little Kayden blowing out the candles on his birthday cake:
"It's not supposed to happen ya know."
Just before his mom and dad say they made an unsettling find.
"She just yelled there's a knife in here."
Four pieces in, nathan bibeau claims they found a paring knife inside his son's cake.
"It definitely put a damper with a lot of things, and uh, i'm pretty disappointed with walmart."
They stopped the party and called Walmart right away.
"People started leaving and the family was pretty upset."
"Bibeau says he bought the cake at this Walmart right here in auburn. We reached out to corporate headquarters regarding the issue. A Walmart spokeswoman says the store is taking immediate action to make sure this doesn't happen to any other customers. She told us they are eliminating the use of that particular knife in bakeries across the country."
The spokeswoman went on to say "this should not have happened. We're thankful no one was hurt and sincerely apologize to our customers for their experience. We are reaching out to the family to resolve this."
Bibeau says Walmart offered a refund and called to ask how to make this better.
He says that's still not enough.
"We're not going to get that second birthday back ever - ya know."
Bibeau says he has contacted lawyer and is considering legal action against Walmart.
(reporter:) "Can you understand it may have been mistake?"
"Things happen, of course, but if someone is able to make a mistake like that they shouldn't have hired them. I'm not going to hold a grudge, I'll still shop at Walmart."
18 hours ago