Oct 11, 2013 3:18 PM by Nikai Salcido
TUCSON - A family is temporarily displaced after a dryer caught fire Friday morning, in the 7700 block of East Edison.
The homeowner said she was doing laundry when the smoke alarm activated, and her dogs began barking.
She cleaned out the lint trap and started the dryer back up.
When the alarm sounded again she saw heavy smoke coming out of the dryer.
She evacuated the house, and called 911.
TFD crews were able to safely put out the fire.
No injuries were reported.
TFD says the leading cause of dryer fires is failure to clean out the lint trap.
36 minutes ago