Posted: Aug 29, 2013 2:41 PM
Updated: Aug 30, 2013 1:49 PM
Chef August Ench from Dakota Cafe our studios to show us how to make Coconut Shrimp.
Here is what you need:
5 Jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined
4 oz prepared tempura batter
2 oz corn starch
2 cups shredded coconut
4 cups oil for frying
1. Take one ounce of corn starch and mix it with coconut
2. Use remaining ounce of corn starch and dredge shrimp
3. Dip in tempura batter, then in coconut
4. Shake off excess coconut and fry at 350 for 1-2 min till golden brown
5. Drain oil on paper towel and serve with your favorite condiment
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Help those in need this holiday season
Win! Win! Win!
Wise Local Marketing!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Let us help grow your business
Digital Channel 4.2
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More