Dec 30, 2013 6:00 PM by Ann Roncone, Lightning Ridge Cellars
Baguette Bread or 4 Hoagie Rolls
1 clove Garlic, crushed
6-8 slices Provolone Cheese
1/4 cup Red Onion, thinly sliced into rings
1-1/2 cups Marinated Artichoke Hearts, drained and coarsely chopped. (canned artichoke hearts can be substituted)
1/4 cup Roasted Red Peppers
1/4-1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
2-3 Roma tomatoes, coarsely chopped
8-9 Basil leaves, coarsely chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Slice baguette/rolls in half lengthwise.
2. In a bowl, combine the Garlic, Red Onion, Artichoke Hearts, Roasted Red Peppers, Kalamata Olives, Roma Tomatoes and Basil.
3. Drizzle with about 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil, and gently fold bowl contents until mixed.
4. Layer Provolone Cheese on Bread or Rolls.
5. Spoon in filling and close sandwich.
1 hour ago