Jan 12, 2012 6:08 PM
TUCSON - We saw a lot of trendy plastic surgery options last year, from thread lifts to stem cell procedures. So, what's in, what's out, and what's new for 2012?
Plastic surgeon Dr. Gwen Maxwell stopped by the News 4 Tucson studios to talk about just that.
What's out? Dr. Maxwell says:
• Silicone Injections
• Conscious Sedation (instead of general)
• Thread Lifts (not too beneficial, unpredictable)
• Laser Liposuction (risk of burns, scarring and irregular fat distribution)
• Mesotherapy (irregular/lumpy results)
What's in? She says:
• Traditional Liposuction
• Ablative & Fractionated Laser Resurfacing (pictured above)
• Neck Lifts (pictured above)
• Neurotoxins and Hyaluronic Acid Injections
What's new this year? According to Dr. Maxwell:
- Cool Sculpting
- Stem Cell Procedures
For details on all these procedures, check out the video above.
3 hours ago