May 24, 2013 7:14 PM by Van Nguyen
TUCSON - Governor Jan Brewer has ordered all State flags be lowered to half-staff from sunrise until noon on Monday, May 27th in honor of Memorial Day.
There are also several ceremonies this weekend and Monday to pay tribute to the men and women who sacrificed their lives, serving our country.
Veterans organizations and local Boy Scouts will place flags on veterans' graves at The East Lawn Palms Cemetery and the South Lawn Cemetery on Saturday.
Also happening at the South Lawn Cemetery this weekend:
· From 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday May 25 through Monday May 27, the Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 106 will be sharing their Vietnam Memorial Museum at Mausoleum 9.
· From 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday, May 27 the Vet Center's Mobile Unit with be set up to help veterans with resources and benefit information at Mausoleum 9.
· Beginning at 9 a.m. on Monday, May 27, the VFW Post 549 will conduct a Memorial Day ceremony featuring guest speaker Michael Flynn, Sr. Vice Commandant of the Dept. of Arizona Marine Corps League, music by Tucson Concert Band and presentation of colors by the Museum of the Horse Soldier's Mounted Memorial Color Guard, the Tucson Detachment Marine Corps League Honor Guard and Piper William Don Carlos. The cemetery is located at 5401 S. Park Avenue.
· Beginning at 9 a.m. on Monday, the VFW Post 4903 will conduct a Memorial Day ceremony at the East Lawn Palms Cemetery. It'll feature guest speaker Retired 1Sgt. Juan "Sarge" Rodriguez, Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 106, music by Sons of Orpheus and presentation of colors by the Bulk Fuel Company Alpha and Piper Scott Ellis from the Golder Ranch Fire District. The cemetery is located at 5801 East Grant Road.
· Evergreen Mortuary, Cemetery and Crematory will hold a ceremony at 9am. It includes a Roll Call and Laying of Wreaths, along with a Presentation of Ceremonial Flag. The public is invited to attend. The cemetery is located at 3015 N. Oracle Road.
· The Fort Huachuca Memorial Day Ceremony goes from 11:30am to 1pm at the Post Cemetery.
11 hours ago