Posted: Dec 12, 2012 11:20 AM by Carlos Calderon / Ian Cross
Updated: Dec 12, 2012 12:24 PM
TUCSON - Today on News 4 Cooks at Noon, Carlos Calderon, Executive Chef at North Fattoria Italiana, stopped by to make Mafaldine Shrimp Pasta. Here's the recipe:
Mafaldine Shrimp Pasta
Mafaldine Pasta - 5 ounces
Garlic (sliced thin in garlic oil) 1 tbsp.
Burro Fusso 1 fl. oz.
Calabrian Chili (blended) ½ tsp.
Fennel (shaved) 1 ounce
Rock Shrimp 3.5 oz.
Acqua Pazza 6 fl. oz.
Kosher Salt 1 pinch
Basil & Mint Blend (chopped) 1 tbsp.
Basil Leaves (chiffonade) 1 tsp.
Fennel Pollen 1 pinch
Lemon Oil 2 tsp.
1. Using the small sauce pot combine garlic, oil, butter, chili, fennel & shrimp. Sauté together over high.
2. Heat until fennel begins to get tender and shrimp starts to curl.
3. Add the Acqua Pazza and simmer together for 2 minutes, season with salt & basil-mint mixture.
4. Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and sauté together. Simmer for an additional minute.
5. Taste for seasoning, place pasta in the center of pasta bowl, finish pasta with basil, fennel and lemon oil.
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Help those in need this holiday season
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
Win! Win! Win!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Let us help grow your business
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories