Oct 12, 2012 2:57 PM
TUCSON - Today on News 4 Tucson Cooks at Noon, Kathy Bullerman from Kuisine by Kathy stopped by to make:
SAUSAGE AND CHEESE STUFFED ZUCCHINI
• 3 zucchini
• 1 pound spicy chicken sausage
• 1 cup dry seasoned bread crumbs
• 1/2 cup chopped onions
• 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 (32 ounce) jar Classico® Tomato and Basil Sauce
• 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 1 hour
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Trim stems from zucchini and slice lengthwise. Scoop out seeds and put in bowl. Mix seeds with sausage, garlic,onions, bell peppers, bread crumbs, and parmesan cheese. Stuff squash with sausage mixture and place in 9x13 inch baking pan. Pour sauce over squash and cover pan with foil.
Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until sausage is cooked. Remove foil and cover with mozzarella cheese. Cook until cheese is melted.
For more from Kathy, and to learn about her home cooking services, visit: