Posted: Oct 5, 2012 12:26 PM by Ian Cross
Updated: Oct 8, 2012 6:08 PM
TUCSON - Today on News 4 Tucson Cooks at Noon, Chef Paul Wells from Savoy Opera House stopped by to make:
El Corral's Tamale Pie
1/3 cup butter
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 ½ tbsp baking powder
4/5 tbsp baking soda
1 ¼ cup cornmeal
14.75 oz cream corn
1 ¼ cup roasted corn
1 ½ cup diced and roasted green chilies
1 lbs cheddar cheese
1. Blend the first three ingredients in a large bowl.
2. In a separate bowl combine the next three ingredients until all the dry ingredients are well incorporated.
3. Next combine the dry ingredients with the butter mixture and blend until thoroughly mixed.
4. Pour mixture into a 7" X 11"X 2" oven safe greased pan.
5. Sprinkle tops of panned mixture with cheese.
6. Bake for 50 minutes at 225 degrees F. until a toothpick inserted in the center come out clean.
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Help those in need this holiday season
Win! Win! Win!
Wise Local Marketing!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Let us help grow your business
Digital Channel 4.2
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More