Posted: May 12, 2013 8:55 AM by Scott Oathout
Updated: May 12, 2013 1:51 PM
TUCSON- A fire damaged the kitchen of a town home in midtown Saturday night.
Captain Barrett Baker with Tucson Fire says the resident was heating oil to cook, when the oil flashed.
The resident called 9-1-1 reporting that the pan had caught fire, but the fire was out.
A second call was made to 9-1-1 stating that the kitchen was on fire.
The resident was told to evacuate.
Firefighters saw heavy black smoke coming from the town home when they arrived near Prince and Tucson.
Crews cut a hole in the roof to allow the smoke to escape and cool down the interior.
They confined the fire to the kitchen and prevented it from spreading to neighboring homes.
No injuries were reported.
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Help those in need this holiday season
Win! Win! Win!
Wise Local Marketing!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Let us help grow your business
Digital Channel 4.2
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More