Feb 1, 2014 10:35 PM
TUCSON - The Arizona Department of Transportation has reduced lanes and closed ramps on westbound I-10 between Speedway Boulevard and Ruthrauff Road.
They started around 8 p.m. and will continue until 6 a.m. to allow crews to shift traffic onto the new westbound I-10.
The work is part of the I-10, Ruthrauff Road to Prince Road widening project and will occur as follows:
· Westbound I-10 will be reduced to one lane between Grant and Ruthrauff roads.
· The westbound I-10 entrance ramps at Grant Road and Miracle Mile will be closed. Traffic will be detoured to the westbound I-10 entrance ramp at Speedway Boulevard
· The westbound I-10 exit ramp at Ruthrauff Road will be closed. Drivers may use the westbound I-10 exit ramps at Sunset Road, Orange Grove Road or Ina Road.
· The westbound I-10 frontage road at Miracle Mile will be closed and restricted to local traffic only.
Drivers should be prepared to slow down and merge safely in the work zone. The posted speed limit will be 45 mph through the project.
On Sunday, Feb. 2, at 6 a.m., three lanes of westbound I-10 will remain open during construction, with only minimal short-term lane closures along I-10, where necessary.
· The westbound I-10 entrance and exit ramps at Prince Road will remain closed until spring 2014.
· The westbound I-10 frontage road between north of Miracle Mile and Ruthrauff Road will remain closed until spring 2014.
· Access to businesses along Freeway Industrial Loop and the westbound I-10 entrance ramp will remain open.
Please visit the project webpage (www.azdot.gov/tucson10widening)
9 hours ago