Mar 25, 2013 6:21 PM by Brian White
TUCSON - At least 4 people near or on the University of Arizona campus have been victim to what the university police say is a recent scheme.
In all instances, the suspect approaches the victims and asks for money, University of Arizona police said in a release.
The suspect promises to pay the victim back the next day, but the thief fails to show up.
"If an individual approaches you and solicits money, be highly skeptical of their motive," UAPD police chief Anthony Daykin said.
UAPD says to call 911 if someone asking for money is persistent or threatening.
Here are some tips from UAPD:
1. Report suspicious activity or persons. By calling 9-1-1
2. Never withdraw money from the bank or ATM for a stranger.
3. Never give someone a blank check or allow them to help you fill it out.
4. Be aware of your surroundings when using an ATM.
5. Don't count your cash while standing at an ATM
8 minutes ago