Dec 13, 2012 7:38 PM by Sami-Jo Roth
TUCSON - The 18th Annual Downtown Parade of Lights starts Saturday, and drivers should expect delays.
The parade will begin at 6:30 p.m.
It will head south on Granada Avenue before turning east on Alameda Street to Stone Avenue. The parade will then turn north on Stone Avenue to Franklin Street, and turn west on Franklin Street. The parade is expected to end at Church Avenue.
Road closures due to the parade:
Roads closing beginning at 4 p.m. -
• Franklin Street between Granada and Stone Avenue.
• Main Avenue between Franklin Street and Alameda Street
Roads closing beginning at 5 p.m. -
• Granada Avenue from Sixth Street/ St Marys Boulevard
• Stone Avenue from Sixth Street to Pennington Street
• Alameda Street from Granada Avenue to Scott Avenue
Roads closing beginning at 6 p.m. -
• Church Avenue between Pennington Street and Sixth Street.
All streets are expected to reopen to traffic at approximately 8:30 p.m.
People attending the parade are encouraged to arrive early in order to avoid traffic. Motorists driving in the downtown area may experience traffic delays. Pedestrian and bicycle access will be maintained in and around road closures. Businesses, parking garages and parking lots are open and accessible.
2 hours ago