Jul 21, 2014 7:30 PM by Snow Peas Modern Asian Kitchen
Ingredients: (2 Servings)
- ½ bag rice vermicelli noodles
- 1lb shrimp, peeled & deveined (shrimp size: 26/30)
- 2 table spoons lemon grass, finely chopped
- 1 cup white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups cucumber, julienned
- 1 ½ cups bean sprout
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups green scallion (cut 2½ inches long, use green part only)
- 1 ½ tablespoons chili paste
- ½ tablespoon fine chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons crushed peanuts
- 1 tablespoon butter
Step 1: Prepare the Noodles
- Use broth pot filled with 2/3 of the water and bring it to boiling point, add salt and oil. Add vermicelli in the pot and completely submerge. Stir the noodles every minute or two to loosen them up.
- Cook until the noodles are white and soft inside but still slightly resilient, give them a taste to see if they cook through.
(Pay attention do not overcook the noodles because they'll become mushy.)
- Once the noodles are tender, Drain and run them under cold water. Gently fluff the noodles and set them aside for at least 30 minutes
(occasionally, gently toss & fluff the noodles to prevent them from getting soggy around the bottom)
- The noodles should be dry and little sticky to touch, before serving.
Step 2: Prepare Nuoccham (nu-oc cham) Vietnamese fish sauce dressing
Hot Water 2 cups
Sugar ¾ cup
Vinegar 4 tablespoons
Lime Juice 2 tablespoon
Fish Sauce ½ cups
Chili Paste 2 tablespoons
Garlic 1 teaspoon
Mix everything together. Set aside. Let it cool down. (Can keep for up to 10 days in refrigerator)
Step 3: Making the sauté lemongrass shrimp
- Heat up sauté pan with ½ cup of vegetable oil. Add shrimp and white onions cook for 2 minutes or until the white onion transparent, remove the shrimp and onions from the pan.
- Heat up a sauté pan to medium high heat. Melt the butter then add garlic, lemongrass and chili paste. Keep stirring till fragrant.
- Put shrimp and onions back into the sauté pan, add salt & white pepper mix, Cook for 1 minute, add scallions then cook one more minute.
- Place sauté lemongrass shrimp on top of the vermicelli noodles. Sprinkle with crushed peanut & cilantro on top.
- To serve: pour Nuoccham dressing on top as taste.
Snow Peas Modern Asian Kitchen
They are located at 1402 S. Craycroft Rd, Tucson, AZ 85711 (just south of 22nd)
Contact: http://www.snowpeasaz.com (520) 777-3206
Hours: Monday - Saturday 10:30am-8:30pm
Specials: There is a Buy One Get One Deal every day & Kids eat free every day after 4pm.