Jul 10, 2013 8:08 PM by Jennifer English
Soft Shell Crabs with Lemon Gremolata
• ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
2 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
1/3 cup pure olive oil
• 4 (3 1/2-ounce) soft-shell crabs, cleaned
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
• Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
• To make the gremolata, combine the parsley, thyme, garlic, lemon zest, and olive oil in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Sprinkle each crab with salt and pepper. Place flour in a shallow bowl. Dredge each crab in flour, turning to coat; shake off excess flour. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add crabs to pan, top sides down; cook 3 minutes. Turn crabs over; cook an additional 2 minutes. Serve topped with Lemon Gremolata.