Sep 27, 2013 4:00 PM by Jonathan Landeen of Jonathan’s Cork Restaurant
Spicy Roasted Poblano Sausage
5 lbs boneless pork shoulder butt, diced
3 tbs kosher salt
3 tbs ancho chile powder
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tbs minced garlic
1 tbs Spanish paprika
1 cup small-diced roasted, peeled and seeded poblano peppers
8 tbs chopped fresh cilantro
1 cup ice water
Optional: 10 feet hog casings, soaked in tepid water for at least 30 minutes
1. Combine all the ingredients except the poblano peppers, cilantro and water, toss to distribute the seasonings. Chill until ready to grind.
2. Grind the mixture through the small die into a bowl set in ice.
3. Add the peppers and cilantro to the meat mixture. Mix with the paddle attachment or a sturdy spoon while slowly adding the water. Continue mixing until all the liquid is incorporated and sausage has developed a uniform, sticky appearance, about 1 minute on medium speed.
4. Sauté a small portion of the sausage, taste, and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
5. Form into the patties or stuff the sausage into the hog casings and twist into 6 inch links.
6. Sauté or roast the sausage to an internal temp of 150
Yields about 20 6 in or 25 patties
1 hour ago