Posted: Oct 21, 2013 1:42 PM
Updated: Oct 21, 2013 1:45 PM
Spinach (weight is blanched pressed weight), 3.6 oz.
Egg Yolks (pasteurized), 5.4 oz.
"00" Flour, 10 oz.
1. Using a large pot, bring water to a rolling boil, have an ice bath ready, working in small batches
place spinach into boiling water, cook spinach to a point where it will just start to come apart between
your fingers, place in ice bath to cool.
2. Drain spinach & wring out all water with a linen napkin, chop spinach & place in a blender.
3. Puree spinach with egg yolks until completely smooth.
4. With flour in a pile make a pool in the middle, add spinach mixture and start mixing with finger tips
incorporating more flour as stirring, continue to mix until dough forms and you can bring the flour together. If needed add more flour until right consistency is achieved
Knead the dough for fifteen minutes by hand, wrap with plastic and let dough rest before rolling pasta
Spinach Mezzaluna, 12 pieces
Kosher Salt, 1 pinch
Burro Fusso, 2 floz
Baby Spinach, 1 ounce
Grana Padano (grated fine) 2 tsp
Saba, 1 tbsp
1. Drop the pasta in water and cook until tender (approximately 3 minutes).
2. Warm burro fusso over medium heat.
3. Blanch the spinach in the pasta water for one minute, squeeze out any excess water and place in the
center of the pasta bowl.
4. Transfer the pasta into the sauce, gently toss to coat each piece of pasta.
5. Place the pasta into the pasta bowl over the spinach, spoon the sauce over the pasta and finish with
the grana padano and saba.
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Help those in need this holiday season
Win! Win! Win!
Wise Local Marketing!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Let us help grow your business
Digital Channel 4.2
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More