Jan 20, 2013 7:36 PM by Scott Oathout

Static electricity causes fire in midtown

TUCSON- Tucson Fire responded to a fire at the Marksman Pistol Institute on East 29th Street just before 3 p.m. Sunday afternoon.

According to Captain Jeff Langejans with TFD, an employee called 9-1-1 to report a fire in the business. When TFD crews arrived, they saw black smoke coming out of the business.

Langejans said the fire started when an employee was processing shell casings from spent ammunition. The employee suffered minor injuries to his arm, but was treated at the scene.

Investigators said the fire started due to static electricity.

It took nine units and 22 firefighters to bring the fire under control.

Damage is estimated at $10,000.


Most Popular

Top Videos

1 2 3 4