Jan 29, 2013 10:47 AM by Brian White
Storm closes Mt. Lemmon Hwy, other roads
SOUTHERN ARIZONA - An overnight winter storm has shut down some schools in Southern Arizona, prompting a late start for others and created dangerous road conditions.
In the Tucson, Mt. Lemmon Highway has been closed. No school closures have been reported.
Cochise County got hit the hardest. Here's a list of roads that are either closed or are frozen over, according to Cochise County Deputy Carol Capas:Current Road Conditions:
- Highway 80 and 90 advise use extreme caution due to snow conditions (Intersection, SV to Bisbee)
- Highway92 east of San Pedro River snow advisory strong weather warning use extreme caution
- Mule Mountain Tunnel passable road crews putting down salt, use caution black ice
- Douglas to Bisbee Highway 80 closed due to snow, no alternate routes
- Davis Road and Double Adobe Road closed due to snow
- Highway 191 north closed due to snow and high winds
- Highway 186 and Highway 181 closed (Ft Bowie, Dos Cabesaz, East of Sunsites, Chiricahuas)
- Douglas School District has canceled classes
- Double Adobe School is having a 2 hour late start