Feb 28, 2014 6:53 PM by Michelle Erwin
TUCSON - Local health organizations are launching a major push to get Pima County residents enrolled in subsidized health insurance.
Open enrollment through healthcare.gov ends March 31.
With the exception of having a big life change, like losing a job or having a baby, Arizona residents will not have another opportunity to enroll in subsidized insurance until the fall.
Several free enrollment events are being held in the Tucson area on Saturday, March 1.
Among the scheduled sessions for Saturday's event:
• 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Wheeler Taft Abbett Sr. Library, 7800 N. Schisler Drive, near Silverbell and Cortaro roads (English only)
• 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Marana Health Center Main Clinic, 13395 N. Main St. in Marana.
• 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Tucson Chinese Cultural Center, 1288 W. River Road (multiple languages available)
• 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the basement auditorium at Carondelet St. Joseph's Hospital, 350 N. Wilmot Road.
• 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the John Miles Community Room at the Pima County Housing Center, 801 W. Congress St. (Spanish speakers welcome)