Posted: Mar 16, 2013 11:39 AM by Scott Oathout
TUCSON- A space heater plugged into an extension cord caused a travel trailer to catch fire Saturday morning.
According to Tucson Fire Captain Barrett Baker, three calls came in just before 7:30 Saturday morning regarding a travel trailer on fire in the 6000 block of South 1st Avenue.
It took eight units to bring the fire under control within seven minutes.
Baker said the travel trailer was being powered by an extension cord from the main house.
Damage is estimated at $10,000.
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Help those in need this holiday season
Win! Win! Win!
Wise Local Marketing!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Let us help grow your business
Digital Channel 4.2
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More