Posted: Nov 27, 2012 10:30 AM
TUCSON - The University of Arizona Police Department issued this bulletin Tuesday to help protect the community from theft. Please take a moment to read this and share it with friends and family.
Anthony Daykin, Chief of Police
CAMPUS WATCH BULLETIN
November 27, 2012
With the holiday season upon us, The University of Arizona Police Department would like to take this opportunity to encourage you to utilize good theft prevention practices during the holiday season. Listed below are several vehicle and theft prevention tips you should keep in mind. Remember to report any suspicious persons or activities by dialing 9-1-1.
Crime Prevention Tips:
1. Always LOCK your car doors. Do not leave your vehicle unlocked and unattended at any time.
2. TAKE your keys. Never leave your car running.
3. HIDE your valuables. Do not leave valuable items in plain view. Secure them out of sight, under the seat or in the trunk.
4. Park your vehicle in frequently traveled well lighted areas.
5. Be aware of your surroundings when walking to your vehicle. When out in public, park in a well-lighted area as close to your destination point as possible. If you are uncomfortable walking to your vehicle alone, request an escort.
Please click on the attached link to view a holiday Public Service Announcement about theft prevention tips related to your vehicle:
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
Win! Win! Win!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Let us help grow your business
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories