Feb 28, 2014 8:09 AM by Jeff Beamish
TUCSON - Gusty and dusty today, followed by much-needed rainfall.
A powerful cold front over the California coast is approaching Arizona the next 36 hours, according to News 4 Meteorologist Jeff Beamish. Here's a Winter storm timeline of what to expect...
- Gusty winds, blowing dust possible along I-10 this afternoon and tonight.
- Widespread showers/snow above 7,000 feet starts up during the morning, continues through the overnight hours.
- Winter Storm Watch in effect for Mt. Lemmon, Mt. Graham & the White Mountains tomorrow afternoon through Sunday morning
- Showers taper off by late morning, a few isolated showers in mts during afternoon.
- Forecast rain totals of 0.25-0.75", with isolated 1" amounts.
- 6-12" snow possible above 7,000 feet.
- Cooler temps with upper 60's during the daytime. Freezing temperatures are unlikely at night.
Watch Jeff for a complete look at your True View 4 forecast this morning on Tucson Today and on News 4 Tucson at Noon. Stay ahead of the storm by downloading the News 4 Tucson Weather & Traffic app for your iPhone, iPad & Android device.