Posted: Feb 6, 2013 11:16 AM
Updated: Feb 6, 2013 1:53 PM
Sous Chef Kenny Woods and Pastry Chef Abby Rosen from Wildflower will demonstrate how to make the Berry Rose Pot de Crème, a delicious dessert for your loved one this Valentine's Day. This raspberry- and vanilla-flavored treat can be found on Wildflower's Valentine's Day menu, which includes two courses and dessert for $45 per person 4 to 5:30pm; $55 per person 5:30 p.m. to close, excluding beverages, tax, and gratuity.
Berry Rose Pot de Crème
4 cups Heavy cream
1 cup Half and half
10 ounces White chocolate (chopped)
12 Egg yolks
3/4 cup Sugar
2 pinches Kosher salt
1 Vanilla beans (split and scraped)
2 tblsp. Chambord liquor
1 tsp. Rose water
1 1/2 tblsp. Raspberry compound or raspberry preserves (seedless)
1. Heat cream/vanilla bean and body/salt and half sugar together in pot.
2. Separate eggs and discard whites
3. Add remaining half of sugar to egg yolks/whisk to combine set aside.
4) Chop chocolate and place in bowl.
5) Turn cream mixture on and bring to a simmer-whisking occasionally
6) Remove from from heat/ pour over white chocolate to melt. Let stand
7) Whisk to combine/and reserved half and half to mixture/stir to combine
8) Slowly temper cream/white chocolate base into yolks
9) Add rose water/raspberry preserves/and chambord.
10) Taste/adjust as needed/strain thru fine mesh strainer.
11) Pour into bowls or ramekins/bake in hot water bath covered.
12) Bake at 270 in convection oven till set(firm jiggle)
13) Cool and top with edible rose petal and or fresh raspberry compote.
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Help those in need this holiday season
Win! Win! Win!
Wise Local Marketing!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Let us help grow your business
Digital Channel 4.2
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More