Mar 17, 2012 4:54 PM
TUCSON - Here is the latest on this weekend's Winter Storm from News 4 Meteorologist Jeff Beamish...
Watches/Warnings/Advisories in effect NOW
- Blowing Dust Advisory, Wind Advisory for southern Arizona until 8 PM tonight. Visibility less than 1 mile in some spots along the I-10 (north of Marana, east of Benson), wind gusts to 50 MPH.
- Red Flag Warning for southeastern Arizona (except W. Pima County) until 8 PM tonight. Any fire that starts will spread rapidly. Outdoor burning is NOT recommended.
Watches/Warnings/Advisories in effect Sunday/Monday
- Wind Advisory for Santa Cruz, Cochise Counties from 11 AM until 8 PM. Wind gusts up to 50 MPH at times.
- Winter Storm Warning for southeastern Arizona mountains above 5,000 feet from 5 AM until 11 AM Sunday.
- Winter Storm Warning for southeastern Arizona above 3,000 feet from 5 PM until 11 AM Sunday.
Rain/snow totals expected
- Valley rainfall by Monday afternoon between 0.50-0.75”. A few spots may see close to an inch of rain.
- Snow level by Monday morning drops to 2,500 feet. A dusting of snow is possible for Tucson, Oro Valley, Sahuarita, Green Valley and the Catalina Foothills.
- 1-5” snow possible between 3,000-5,000 feet. This includes Vail, Corona de Tucson, SaddleBrooke, Catalina, Oracle, Douglas, Sierra Vista, Benson, Tombstone, Willcox, Pearce, Nogales, Patagonia and Sonoita.
- 5-12” snow possible between 5,000-7,000 feet. This includes Bisbee, Madera Canyon, Kitt Peak, Portal and Paradise.
- 12-20” snow possible above 7,000 feet. This includes Mt. Lemmon, Mt. Graham, Hannagan Meadow, and the peaks of the Huachuca & Chiricahua Mountains.
7 hours ago