Posted 12:00 PM 5/22/2013 : Chocolate Peppermint Silk from Wildflower
TUCSON - Executive Chef Omar Huerta from Wildflower American Cuisine dropped by the studio to show us how to make Chocolate Peppermint Silk.
Here is what you need:
Sugar 6 Tbsp
Corn Starch 3 Tbsp
Unsweetened Cocoa powder 1.5 Tbsp
Heavy Cream 1.25 cups
Whole Milk 1.25 cups
Vanilla Paste 1 tsp
Semi Sweet Chocolate (rough chopped) 4 oz
Bitter Sweet Chocolate (rough chopped) 2 oz
Peppermint Extract 1 tsp
Butter 0.5 tsp
Kosher Salt 0.5 tsp
1. In medium size bowl combine chocolates, peppermint extract, vanilla paste, butter, and salt.
2. In a medium sauce pot combine sugar, corn starch, cocoa powder and whisk together.
3. Add the cream to the pot and whisk together until there are no lumps, then whisk in milk.
4. Cook on medium heat, while whisking constantly until mixture bubbles in all areas. Be sure to not
burn the bottom.
5. Pour hot mixture over chocolate in mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
6. Divide evenly between five 8oz mason jars. Cover jars with plastic wrap to prevent skin from forming.
7. Set in refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours and up to 4 days.
8. Serve with chocolate sauce and whipped cream.
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Help those in need this holiday season
Win! Win! Win!
Wise Local Marketing!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Let us help grow your business
Digital Channel 4.2
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More