Posted 4:02 PM 11/9/2012 : Let's Make a Meal: Pasta Chicken, Broccoli & Cheese Sauce
TUCSON - Today on "Let's Make a Meal," Chef Christopher Cristiano from Sauce stopped by to make:
Pasta Chicken, Broccoli & Cheese Sauce (serves 2)
16 oz. Orecchiette shells or your favorite pasta noodle
12 fl. oz. Cheese sauce
6 oz. Shredded chicken prepared your favorite way
6 oz. Broccoli florets, blanched
1 oz. Parmesan, shredded
2 pinches Parsley, chopped
1. Cook pasta according to instructions on package, drain
2. Heat chicken and broccoli in 6-inch pie pan in the oven for 2-3 minutes
3. Toss pasta, chicken, broccoli and 4 oz. of cheese sauce in a bowl together
4. Place in serving bowl and top with remaining cheese sauce
5. Garnish with cheese and parsley
2 oz. Chicken stock
24 oz. Water (room temperature)
2 lb. Havarti and cheddar, grated
1 ¼ lb. Velveeta Cheese, cubed
¼ gallon Heavy cream
1 ½ tsp. Kosher salt
¼ tsp. Ground pepper
¼ tsp. Sugar
1. Mix chicken stock and water, stir to dissolve
2. In a large sauce pan, combine heavy cream, chicken stock mix, salt, pepper, sugar and bring to a boil.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Mix equal parts of mixture and cheeses in a blender and blend until smooth. Continue to blend equal parts until entire mix is blended. Important: Keep hand over top of blender and hold tight.
Here's the recipe for the salad:
1/4cup lemon juice
¼ cup red wine vinegar
1 cup olive oil
½ cup blue cheese
Blend in blender until smooth
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Help those in need this holiday season
Win! Win! Win!
Wise Local Marketing!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Let us help grow your business
Digital Channel 4.2
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More