Posted 5:08 PM 7/10/2013 : Soft Shell Crabs with Lemon Gremolata
Soft Shell Crabs with Lemon Gremolata
• ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
2 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
1/3 cup pure olive oil
• 4 (3 1/2-ounce) soft-shell crabs, cleaned
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
• Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
• To make the gremolata, combine the parsley, thyme, garlic, lemon zest, and olive oil in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Sprinkle each crab with salt and pepper. Place flour in a shallow bowl. Dredge each crab in flour, turning to coat; shake off excess flour. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add crabs to pan, top sides down; cook 3 minutes. Turn crabs over; cook an additional 2 minutes. Serve topped with Lemon Gremolata.
Click here to submit a news tip to us!
Become a Facebook Fan!
Help those in need this holiday season
Win! Win! Win!
Wise Local Marketing!
Get news, weather and more on your smartphone and tablet!
Get texts for news, traffic, deals and more!
Sign up on KVOA.com for newsletters, exclusive deals, and more!
What's happening on News 4 @ 4
Stories and videos with Kristi's Kids
Check out the latest events FC Tucson has scheduled.
Let us help grow your business
Digital Channel 4.2
What's on KVOA and when!
Contact info for our department heads
KVOA's on air personalities!
Work at News 4 Tucson
Complete feeds of all KVOA.com stories
FCC Public File of Records, Reports, and More